Opened in 1867, The McManus Gallery is located in the middle of the city centre.
The McManus is a magnificent Victorian, Gothic building where art, history and the environment combine to offer a facinating insight into Dundee. The McManus has recently undergone an exciting and extensive redevelopment project, to transform the facility into a museum and art gallery for the 21st century. Dundee’s Art Gallery and Museum offers a fascinating insight into Dundee and with 8 galleries to explore, there is a wealth of information to discover in our exhibitions of art, history and the environment.The facility features new displays, cafe and retail area, while still retaining the original Gothic architecture of the building. A Creative Learning Suite and hands-on activities incorporating the latest technology also enhance the overall visitor experience.
- Two disabled parking bays are located to the north of the building.
- There is level access to both north (rear) and south (main) entrances to the building.
- There is full wheelchair access to all public areas of the building and a lift to all floors.
- Wheelchairs are available for loan from the reception area which is also fitted with an induction loop.
- Room thresholds have lighting to assist visitors with partial sight and there are larger text sizes and colour coding on displays.
- Guide dogs, hearing dogs and other recognised assistance dogs are admitted.
Accessible toilets incorporating adult changing are available in the main toilet suite.
Shop: The McManus Shop, located by the entrance, stocks a wide range of items to appeal to both museum visitors and city centre shoppers.
Café: 60 visitors inside and 24 outside.The new McManus Cafe has an extensive menu offering a selection of dishes freshly prepared on the premises, ranging from The McManus grilled breakfast, soup and sandwiches, filled rolls and bagels, to dishes for bigger appetites.
There’s also a children’s menu for the under 12’s.
Click here to view menu.
Internet: There is free Wi-Fi available throughout the building.
Activities and Events:
- Click here for upcoming activities and events at the gallery.